Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Gallagher Girl Books by Ally Carter

 I recently read I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have To Kill You by Ally Carter. I loved this book for many reasons, one of them being the story line. It was about a girl, Cammie Morgan, who goes to a school called the Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Women. This school may seem like any other, but really it's "spy school" (in other words they get taught how to speak in 14 different languages, how to kill a man in six different ways, one including a piece of uncooked spaghetti, and other "spy stuff.). When on a class mission (for extra credit), Cammie meets this boy, Josh, who seems to like her and she might just like him back. She and her friends agree on figuring out more about him and set them up on dates. The only problem with this is Gallagher girls aren't allowed outside of the school, so Cammie goes through secret passages to get outside and to meet Josh. How long will this last - can she continue to do this? You have to read to find out. This book had an amazing ending and one that really surprised me. I hope that you read I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have To Kill You! It's very good!
~Anna Laws, 7th grade, HMS

One of the books I read from the past few weeks was Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy by Ally Carter. I love all of the books in this series, but so far this one happens to be my favorite. I liked this one because there was more excitement in it. For example: the code blacks, the new classified boys' school, and the big test. The story line of the book was that Cammie finds out about a boys' school almost exactly like the Gallagher Academy except called Blackthorne. but, because of what happened last semester with Josh and Cammie, the headmistress of the school decided it would be a good thing for boys and girls to mix, so the boys at Blackthorne moved in to the boarding school. This was because someday the girls would have to work with guys in future missions. When there is a code black the girls blame the guys and bug their dorm rooms and listen in to conversations only to find that the boys were just as smart. The ending was really surprising and I never expected any of that to happen. I loved this book and thought it was great! I can't wait till the next one in the series!
~Anna Laws, 7th grade, HMS

Ms. Heather's Note: The next Gallagher Girls book, Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover, comes out in June!!

3 comments:

Lizz, the biggest fan ever!! said...

These are the best books on the planet!!!!!!!!!!! I got the first 2 from my schools book sale and just started to read them and could not put them down! Now its been a week and I've already finished them and I'm making my mom get the 3rd book! I need another book to read after so she needs to write quicker LOL! Ally Carter has to be the best writer ever! The Gallagher Girl Books rock!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

What grade are Liz, Bex, Cammie, and Macey in? I'm writing a FanFic so i kinda need to know. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

ALLY YOU ARE AN AWESOME WRITER!i LOVE YOUR BOOKS!!!THEY ARE THE BEST IN THE WORLD!!!!!
P.S. DO YOU HAVE A NAME FOR GG4????